Re: Merge MAC Withdraw Drafts?

Shane Amante <shane@castlepoint.net> Sat, 08 May 2010 20:20 UTC

Subject: Re: Merge MAC Withdraw Drafts?
From: Shane Amante <shane@castlepoint.net>
Date: Sat, 08 May 2010 14:19:23 -0600
References: <52AAA34A-CB83-4588-8E1A-E003578BDD80@castlepoint.net> <7F115A41909B2641A9550322C4DF9D5603AB3368@xmb-sjc-22d.amer.cisco.com> <2073A6C5467C99478898544C6EBA3F46029E4DA33F@USNAVSXCHMBSC3.ndc.alcatel-lucent.com> <7F115A41909B2641A9550322C4DF9D5603AB35B8@xmb-sjc-22d.amer.cisco.com> <2073A6C5467C99478898544C6EBA3F46029E4DA3C2@USNAVSXCHMBSC3.ndc.alcatel-lucent.com> <7F115A41909B2641A9550322C4DF9D5603B90F3C@xmb-sjc-22d.amer.cisco.com> <2073A6C5467C99478898544C6EBA3F46029E5E61AA@USNAVSXCHMBSC3.ndc.alcatel-lucent.com> <7F115A41909B2641A9550322C4DF9D5603B912E1@xmb-sjc-22d.amer.cisco.com> <C2232DCE-4B42-445A-BB95-84E0D618A79A@castlepoint.net> <2073A6C5467C99478898544C6EBA3F46029E5E6355@USNAVSXCHMBSC3.ndc.alcatel-lucent.com>
To: "Balus, Florin Stelian (Florin)" <florin.balus@alcatel-lucent.com>
Cc: "l2vpn@ietf.org" <l2vpn@ietf.org>, "giles.heron@bt.com" <giles.heron@bt.com>

Florin,

On May 8, 2010, at 12:12 MDT, Balus, Florin Stelian (Florin) wrote:
> Shane,
>
> I am fine to stick to the process and give people more time considering it is a weekend and they need to try to follow the exchanges on the list. Personally I think there were no arguments that were not discussed at length for the last couple of years in IETF L2VPN sessions or in Ali's expired draft on native CMAC flushing for PBB-VPLS.
>
> I will also be happy to discuss new feedback from new voices or from whoever spoke before on the list.
>
> Can you clarify though what do you expect to happen from people that already voted one way or another and did not change their opinion? Do you want another round of votes?

I do not want to start "another round of votes", since people should have been familiar with the drafts, use cases and related technologies when their cast their opinion on the list.  That said, if as a result of the discussion over the past few days a WG member has had a change of opinion, then they are free to do so on the list.  It would also be useful if, at the same time, they could share the reasons why they were changing their opinion in order to ensure there aren't any misunderstandings.

Thanks,

-shane
(co-chair L2VPN WG)